THE BASICS OF WEB DESIGN
A website often conveys the first impression of a business, brand or a company. A great website doesn’t have to be complicated or a mesh up, it can be simple yet powerful. To put it in simple words, a design should follow these simple rules of basic design to be qualified as a quality web design.
- Connects the visitor with the content
- Easy to read and navigate
- Simplicity of design
- Consistency in design across all web pages
- Good choice of contrasting colors for enhanced readability
- Design should be direct and properly organized
- Design should complement the website’s genre
Color, graphic and proper typography is important for creating a balanced design. But if your website design has all these in it but fails to connect to the visitor, the design will fail. Therefore, creating a great design is only possible when designer is focusing on the content and design at the same time. A designer, who fails to understand the purpose of a website, will mostly fail to create a catchy design.
WEB DESIGN TIPS
Although it is difficult to provide any generic list of design directions for a